Created By: Ralph# 0001
Tired of hitting the 50 message limit for pins? Use QuoteBot to save all your favorite memories!
m denotes a mention of the bot, i.e.
m quote <message ID> [message ID ...]: Quotes one or more messages from the current channel.
m quote from <channel mention> <message ID> [message ID ...]: Quotes one or more messages from the mentioned channel.
m unquote <message ID> [message ID ..]: Unquotes a message. (ID must be from the quote channel.)
m qc set <channel mention>[admin only]: Sets the channel quotes are embedded in.
m qc get: Prints a mention of the current quote channel to chat.
m invite: Prints a URL to invite the bot to your server.
m stats: Displays QuoteBot's statistics.
m ping: Pong! Easy check to make sure QuoteBot is working.
m reload [cog name] [cog name ...]: Reloads specified cogs or all cogs if none are specified.
Enabling Developer Mode in Discord
You need to enable developer mode to be able to copy message IDs. Here's how:
- Click on "User Settings."
- Click on "Appearance."
- Scroll down to "Advanced."
- Click the switch next to "Developer Mode."
Now you can copy message IDs. When you hover your mouse over a message, click the three dots to the right (long press on mobile). An option called "Copy ID" should show up. Click it!
- [x] Make
quotecommand available to bot owner and admins.
- [x] Update
quotecommand to add reactions from original messages.
- [x] Add
- [x] Write help documentation for
- [x] If quoting a message with just a URL to an image, embed the image.
- [x] Give quoted message embeds a footer with date, time, and channel.
- [x] Add
- [x] Add instructions for enabling Discord Developer Mode to
R&D of these features will begin if/when the bot has joined 500 guilds.
Most of these features are theoretical and may or may not be implemented.
- [ ] Refactor from
- [ ] Implement cross-guild quoting.
- [ ] Add SQL server functionality.
- [ ] Add more fields to the
guildstable so stats can show "top" servers.
- [ ] Implement relational table to keep track of specific quoted messages.
- [ ] Save and attach files to quote message instead of URLs.